Sunday, October 7, 2012

What Really Matters?


There is so much discussion in this world about all the things that affect our lives everyday. Certainly the economy, wars around the world and global warming are all important issues. But in the big scheme of things they don't really matter.

I think about people that may be terminally ill and wonder how I would feel about the economy if I had only months to live. The economy would really not be the top priority on my mind.  I know the parents that lost their children are not overly concerned about the debt crisis in our country right now, I know I wouldn't be.

We must stop and be reflective of what actually is important and not get hung up on all the things we see and hear that command our thoughts. Read today's obituaries and decide how important the health care debate is to those folks about to be laid to rest.

I, for one, am not going to get involved and spend my precious time debating political or any other social issues. Yes I believe that in a country where 1% of the people own 95% of the wealth we should not allow others to go hungry or be without some type of health care. Remember "feed the poor, heal the sick" for the Bible thumpers out there.

But those issues are just not going to overshadow my life. I love. I enjoy loving the sexiest, most beautiful, wonderful woman in the world. I love holding her hand, just staring at her and standing amazed at how lucky I am that she goes home with me each night.

I love hearing from and about my kids. They keep me thankful for a good life and make me proud every day that I did everything I could and everything I should to ensure their success and happiness.  They make me re-live in wonder and be thankful for every moment we spent together while they were at home and growing up.

So I guess if I'm the one that had the news that my time was limited, I would spend all the minutes left dwelling on those people that are so important to me - not debating things or issues or politics or religion. And since we all have no idea when our time may arrive, it may be a good idea to live that way everyday.

Live, love, love some more and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment