Sunday, October 21, 2012

I Make No Apology - For Apologizing


Seems I've been doing an awful lot of apologizing lately. Certainly everyone says and does things they shouldn't do or say and later feel they should apologize for it. Actually, I can't remember the last time someone apologized to me. So maybe it's just me that says and does all these hurtful things.

I certainly do my share of shooting from the hip. I can't say I do a lot better when I sit back and think about it. Many times I write stuff that I've been thinking about and stewing over for days, just so that I can attempt to say the right thing. But some subjects are almost impossible to write about with any degree of truthfulness and not step on someone's toes - ultimately hurting feelings.

So based on that assumption, I guess we should all just keep our trap shut. That's what my sweetheart tells me all the time. But I just feel that if someone has got something to say and it's really how they feel and from their heart, maybe they ought to say it. I'm not defending people who write and say mean things just to retort to someone else.

So if I've said or written something to offend you, I'll probably do it again. Mostly because those that I offend know the subjects on which I write and continue to come and read my postings.

So I apologize in advance for all the mean things that I may unintentionally say or write that may offend you and hurt your feelings in the future.

I mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment