Sunday, October 28, 2012

Ideas, Ideals and Ideology


Ideas - a conception existing in the mind as the result of understanding, awareness, or activity. An opinion, view or belief, intention.

I have a lot of ideas. Someone told me just this week that's why I've been relatively successful and never really have done without anything. I'm resourceful. But sometimes my ideas get me in trouble. Everyone doesn't appreciate my ideas, especially when it crosses with theirs.

I'm thankful that I have ideas and I'm not afraid of them or sharing them. I'm just sorry that everyone doesn't understand that and respect and appreciate me and my ideas.

Ideals - conception of something in perfection. Standard of perfection,

My ideals are simple and family based: I believe there are two basic and imperative responsibilities in our lives - our children and our parents. We are the responsibility of our parents until we have children of our own, then those children require our care and diligence and they become our responsibility. As our children get older and are able to fend for themselves, then our attention should be for the interest of our parents.

I've taken good care of both my children and my mother. I have never wavered on those responsibilities because that is such a big part of who I am. I am beholden to my mother who took such good care of me and since I am responsible for my children being on this earth I take their care and that responsibility very seriously. And it shows. I'm very proud of them.

And by the way, one cannot be self-serving, self-centered or otherwise egotistical when they are totally consumed with the care of others. My life's devotion has been with caring for my spouse, children and mother. Whomever thinks otherwise is not very observant and ignorant to the real truth.

Ideology - the body of doctrine, myth, and/or beliefs that guides individuals, movements, or institutions. A philosophy. Ideology has also been defined as a "prescriptive doctrine that is not supported by rational argument"

My ideology is simple: It doesn't matter if you are Hindu, Muslin, Christian, Republican or Democrat you have the right to believe anything you want. I will not debate or argue with those beliefs or disrespect you in any way because of them.

In fact, I will totally respect your beliefs and views. I just ask that you respect whatever ideology I may or may NOT have. 'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment