Sunday, October 14, 2012

Life's Hurdles - And I'm Too Old to Jump

I observe people everyday running their own little "track" of life and attempting to jump the hurdles as they approach them. Most of the time they successfully make the leap over the hurdle and continue running on the other side at full speed toward the next hurdle.

But sometimes as we get a little slower, little more exhausted, and yes, a little older, we can't quite seem to clear the top of that hurdle. And when we don't clear the hurdle, many times we fall flat on our face. Most of the time we are able to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and continue on toward the next hurdle. But sometimes we feel like just laying there and enjoying our misery.

I've been tripped up by a few life hurdles a few times and got dirt all over my face. Even though you would think it gets harder and harder to get up as you get older, I'm still springing right back to my feet and running again. I refuse to be knocked down and stay down as long as I'm able to pick myself up in one piece and go again.

So here's to "screw you world, you can't keep a good man down".

I'll drink to that! (green tea, of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment