Thursday, October 4, 2012

How Perfect Would That Be?

I saw her from across the room. She was sitting behind the desk-keeping people like me from getting back into the business part of the building. After all, I was a visitor and she was the receptionist. She might as well have been the security guard since her desk blocked the only entrance to the hall leading to the manager's office.

I was there that day seeking employment. But as usual my mind went elsewhere as soon as I was confronted with such perfect beauty. I could not take me eyes off her and of course my mind was dwelling in places that it shouldn't. If she could have read my thoughts she would surely have been blushing.

I was thinking how wonderful my life would be if I could have that flawless creature as my own. If I could stroll around with her on my arm, lavish her with fine things (at least the finest I could afford), and of course carry that gorgeous creature into my bed each night to dine on her physical pleasures.

How perfect would that be? I would be the envy of the human race.

My heart was racing and my hormones were set in motion just thinking those thoughts. I could already feel the excitement growing. I was entranced; enchanted by a fairy tale princess any knight in shining armor would be envious of.

Alas, I was but a lowly peasant, unworthy of such a glorious prize. I knew I did not stand a chance of riding off into the sunset on my white horse with a princess so special. I would leave her that day, but not forget her.

I would think about her often and sometimes even consider returning to that office for some fabricated reason so I could see her again. I would close my eyes and see her face. I would dream of what it would be like for her to be mine to care for and adore.

But fate did intervene on behalf of this lowly rube from across the tracks. Nature had pre-destined our conjugality. Our union was meant to be. Great bodies of water opened and forests divided to bring us together. Nothing was to preclude this joyful blend of unblemished royalty and an oaf from among the have-nots. All the stars of the universe lined up and the fullness of the moon illuminated our coalescence.

I entered into the matrimony of wonderment and fantasy and continued living with, loving, adoring and worshipping her, and her nobility, my coroneted empress.

I wake each morning and fall asleep each evening bowing in reverence to the natural forces that ordained this consanguinity. I am ever thankful that I was chosen to live such an exalted life enjoying the beauty and physical pleasures of a princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment