Friday, October 19, 2012

Regrets - I Have a Few

I chose this title from the famous Sinatra song "I Did It My Way" because I see and hear people talking about their guilt and regrets. I don't know if I'm proud or sorry to say that I have no regrets and very little guilt. That may surprise all you guilt-mongers but that's just the way I am.

Certainly there are things that I would do differently if given a do-over because we can't do everything right the first time. But that doesn't mean that I regret what I did, I could just do something better if given a second, or third, or fourth chance.

So what creates this guilt in your life? Is it other people that expect more of you than you can give? Or do you have some dark little secret that only you are aware of? Are you still living within the Judeo-Christian ethics system that will weigh you down and bury you with guilt? Or is your guilt from the strict guidelines of overbearing parents or the unachievable expectations even from our own children, which by the way they learned from us?

Get past those things that are holding you back from enjoying all life has to offer. You should begin today taking control away from those that have caused you to restrain from all the fun things you want to do. It's your life, YOU need to be in control.

So sit down and think of all the things you've always wanted to do but were afraid someone would judge you and you would be ashamed if someone caught you. My hedonistic philosophy says If it feels good, won't get you arrested and doesn't hurt anyone else it's definitely something you should do. And don't be embarrassed or ashamed.

Come out of the closet of shame. Nothing should bring you shame that gives you pleasure. Shame, guilt and regret are matters of the mind that are created by OTHERS and placed upon YOU.

I will not be shackled by the guilt YOU feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment