Thursday, October 25, 2012

I Love Being in Love

I love being in love. And I don't mean just being in love with one woman. Including that, I mean being in love with nature and the beautiful things all around us. I love butterflies and pretty birds. I love flowers and flowering trees. I love rainbows and storm clouds. I love sunrises and sunsets. I love gazing into the dark sky at night and trying to spot the constellations and planets. I love the beach and feel of sand between my toes.

I love dogs and cats and learning from them. My dogs love me no matter of my political affiliation. They run up to me and wag their little tales when I come home, even if I've only been gone a few minutes. They could care less where I stand on health care or the war in Iraq. They love me unconditionally in spite of all that. They think I'm the most important being in the universe. 

I love being in love with another person. Humans and dolphins are the only species equipped for having sex for the purpose of pleasure, not just pro-creation. The learned among us have concluded that sex for pleasure helps assure that pairs stay together to raise and nurture their young. Sounds like a great plan to me.

So when we achieve that balance with nature; enjoying all that is around us and has been given to us, we can truly be in love. We can immerse ourselves in the pleasures that nature has provided. And we can enjoy those pleasures purely for the sake of pleasure, as nature intended.

We need to enjoy the flight of the butterflies and hummingbirds and the birds dining at the feeder. And consume all the bounties and pleasures nature has provided for us before this day is over.

Then let's get up and do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment